he Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Denver is currently seeking a Director of Sales. The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that room revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
Essential Job Functions
· Direct and supervise the administration and ensure timely completion of the sales department activities.
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, guest services and reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies.
· Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Operate the sales department within established sales expense budget.
· Participate as Manager on Duty as required.
· Initiate and follow up on leads.
· Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
· Monitor production of all accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
· Support the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
· Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
· Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
· Direct preparation of the monthly rooms revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
Requirements and Qualifications