NFI is a leading, family-owned, fully integrated third-party supply chain solutions provider. Serving customers around the world, across a variety of industries, NFI is dedicated to providing customized, engineered solutions that propel a business to succeed. Privately-held by the Brown family since its inception in 1932, NFI generates more than $2.5 billion in annual revenue and employs more than 13,100 associates. NFI operates over 55 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space, and its company-owned fleet consists of over 4,500 tractors and 12,500 trailers.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Director of Sales – Warehousing and Distribution is responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with customers and prospects by exploring opportunities focused on warehousing and distribution solutions – including public/shared, labor only and dedicated arrangements - in addition to selling NFI’s full portfolio of service lines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day diligent “hunting” mentality approach to prospecting and new business lead generation, with expectation of an active pipeline in excess of $20M.
- Retain and grow existing customer base; create strategic plan to achieve sales goals
- Develop competitive solutions and proposals resulting in new business
- Partner and collaborate with peers and management, including engineering and operations teams, to enhance selling techniques and bring innovation to new business opportunities
- Maintain relationships with existing customers, communicating on a regular basis (including customer business reviews)
- Review and closely monitor account performance and profitability
- Communicate issues and concerns with operations and senior management when required
- Participate in rate schedule development and contracts for both new and existing business
- Complete key administrative tasks including CRM (Salesforce), managing appropriate pipeline and updating key customer information.
- Anticipate within first 12 to 24 months of hire to execute in excess of $5M annualized new business.
- Ability and availability to travel as business needs dictate
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience within the logistics industry
- Solid knowledge of the industry and marketplace, maintaining a national and global network
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business
- Demonstrated sales background and capability
- Desire to succeed in a sales goal-driven environment with a tenacity to close
- Excellent analytical skills – assess, design and sell a given solution
- Commercial understanding of business requirement principles
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality, compelling presentations
- Excellent communicator with the ability to articulate the value proposition of the Company – both virtually and in person; comfortable selling at the “C” level
- Skillful negotiator – maintain company expectations while expanding customer spend
- Professional demeanor – confident, organized, and well-presented
- Self-starter with an enthusiastic approach and “can do” attitude, high energy
- Analytical approach to determine what business is worth pursuing
- Willing and able to be nimble and flexible in the face of change