Due to retirement, WNEP-TV the ABC power house and market leader in Scranton, Pennsylvania has a rare opening for a Director of Sales.
Candidates must have a proven track record of managing all aspects of the television sales process, including digital. Experience in the Political Category is a plus.
The Director of Sales will report to the General Manager.
- 8+ years of broadcast sales experience, 3+ years as LSM or GSM/DOS; preferably in a top 75 market. Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications or equivalent related experience.
- Proven track record of growing revenue, growing station market share, selling cross-platform, and new business development. Think strategically and act tactically; take initiative and makes decisions without daily guidance.
- Monitor all aspects of our business for potential short falls and plan accordingly to remedy.
- Proficient in inventory management, pricing, and forecasting; Wide Orbit, Matrix, and Share Builder experience a plus or advanced knowledge oftelevision sales software systems and processes.
- Ability to create and foster a positive working environment with the sales team and key management staff members through a winning attitude, strong leadership and team building.
- Motivate and inspire a ‘best in class’ sales department that believes in the value we bring to our clients.
- Establish a clear vision for the department from revenue to behavior; set goals and standards; monitor performance and hold department accountable.
- Implement disciplined broadcast yield management and pricing strategies to overachieve station holding capacity.
- Provide station leadership with comprehensive sales analysis, both verbally and in written communication, on a regular basis. This includes presentations on sales trends, market knowledge, and revenue achievement.
- Maximize 3rd party vendors, consultants and partners that assist in achievement of revenue goals.
- Drive demand through development of unique non-spot initiatives, station projects, and category opportunities; lead these new business efforts from strategy to execution.
- Report with accuracy on projected station and market revenues.
- Evaluate, hire, retain and develop sales staff. Provide timely coaching and candid feedback to insure goal achievement and career growth of direct reports.
- Contributes to the development and strength of the station department head team through effective and positive measures.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with clients and agencies on a local, regional and national level.
Apply HereRefer this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job ID 2019-48935