Vivint Solar is the brighter and more affordable way to power your home. We believe people should have a choice in how to produce the energy they use to live every day. This is why we’re making it easy for people nationwide to choose to go solar. We’re proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry.
The Vivint Solar team is in need of a Director of Sales Training within our sales organization. This role will be instrumental in building and providing training to our sales teams. This person will be responsible for determining the training strategy and direction to reach over 1500 sales reps across sixty offices, as well as prepare our dealers in the field with how to use our tools, processes and position our product offerings. The right person will take extreme ownership to make sure new hires understand how they are paid, who Vivint Solar is, highlight best practices of our best salespeople, and help our field reps show our products help the customer. Keeping sales reps active and being armed with the tools to be successsful will be the goal of this role and his/her team.
Key Job Duties:
- Develop the overall strategy for developing the direct sales team--from onboarding, to new hire training, product offerings and sales support tools.
- Determine the best training delivery method to maximize learning as well as meet business objectives.
- Implement strategies to accelerate cross training and flexibility among employees in support of the business needs.
- Communicate with all of the sales organization to ensure information is consistent and our dynamic company culture is maintained.
- Understand and create the best ways to help new reps become productive and understand the tools, products and product positioning to the consumer, and sales approaches to create successful pipeline.
- Measure, provide, and recommend implementation efforts to increase knowledge and performance to employees and management.
- Increase activation and continued production of sales reps through training and ongoing development programs
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal/human relation skills and the ability to speak the language of direct sales. Experience within the direct sales arena is preferred
- Strong innovative, analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of training methodology, adult education, and change management.
- Proven experience in project management, with ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- 3+ years managing a team of trainers and content developers within a Learning Management System. Prefer experience delivering training both live and within an ATS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Training and Development, Business or equivalent work experience driving change through an organization
- 5+ years of experience leading sales training development and management, preferably in a large scale organization with fast paced growth and multiple product offerings