TEGNA Media is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations. To compete and win in the new media landscape we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready?
WWL-TV/WUPL in New Orleans, Louisiana is looking for an outstanding Director of Sales to lead our team. This position will manage a large staff of sales professionals while providing the strategy and vision to drive the sales team to success.
If you can answer yes to these questions, this job might be right for you:
- I would like to be a part of re-shaping the way a media company operates?
- I am equally passionate about developing the members of my team as I am about over-achieving the budget?
- It excites me to think I would have the best set of digital tools in the business?
- I am seen as a leader and innovator?
- I like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all WWL-TV & WUPL sales efforts on-air, online and across multiple digital platforms
- Develop and manage annual revenue plan that achieves goals and grows market share
- Maintain close inventory control to maximize all opportunities
- Identify, monitor and forecast sales activity while developing rate cards that anticipate market activity yet maintain rate integrity
- Work closely with the News and Marketing Departments to develop and maximize the full potential of station projects
- Recognize the changing media landscape and adjust strategy quickly
- Coach and assist in regular training of entire sales team focusing on new products and new techniques
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers
- Create and execute a strategic and tactical plan for the sales team
- Create/develop opportunities for sales team to grow, i.e. ongoing training and development of sales skills, techniques
Accurate forecasting of sales revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of media sales experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales management experience
- Knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing
- Proven sales leader with record of sales achievement
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven thought leader and problem solver
- Effective driver of integrated revenue and strategy
- Ability to prioritize critical functions to ensure individual and team success
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Nielsen, Wide Orbit, and Sharebuilder experience desirable
- Advanced CRM system experience; Salesforce.com experience desirable