$80K — $100K *
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
The Director of Sales is responsible for driving the overall go to market strategy Supermicro. This includes building plans and programs that will drive business in new markets and new customer segments that leverage our channels and existing and emerging strategic partnerships. The role will be involved in all aspects of building the strategies and execute in order to generate revenue. This individual must be very strong at working cross functionally at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute effective strategies to win and maintain customer accounts
• Identify, qualify, develop and close sales against quota to Government agencies and Data Centers/Cloud, Gaming, and HPC industries
• Execute outbound cold calls to potential System integrators, VARs, and OEM customers
• Uncover opportunities for senior management to generate revenue from high-level executives
• Assemble a pipeline of both short-term and long-term opportunities through target lists for vertical markets
• Monitor inventory, negotiate prices, enter and monitor order stats, facilitate credit issues and negotiate returns
• Travel to customer sites to present Super Micro’s products as well as to maintain account integrity
• Supervise/Co-supervise varied levels of a sales team, including directing work, providing training and development and managing performance related issues
• Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in a server sales environment preferred
• Results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic
• Solid oral and written communication skills, executive presence, and judgment
• Ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Strong negotiation, presentation and closing skills
• Must be willing to utilize self-admin skills as needed
• Strong command of the English language; proficiency in 2nd language is a plus
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time or as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Valid through: 11/12/2020