We are looking for a Director of Sales (DOS) for the West region with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation as well as a deep interest and passion for digital media, music, podcasts and innovation.
In this role, you will oversee our Ad Sales efforts in the West region with a focus on the San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain region. Fortune 150-500 brands within the region will be the primary focus for this role.
We want someone who loves our product, knows the Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain sales market, clients, and agencies. A dynamic sales leader who can build creative, long-term consultative solutions, and lead, motivate and grow a sales team of Client Partners. You should be confident without being arrogant, and hardworking while still knowing how to have fun.
What you'll do
- In collaboration with the Regional Head of Ad sales and DOS peers you will help define the sales strategy and drive execution for across the defined territory
- Provide leadership for the dynamic, diverse, and hard working sales team
- Hire, manage & develop the expanding West Sales team including salespeople
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships to optimize revenue
- Drive partnership performance, engage with key partners, and deliver excellent customer service
- Represent Spotify in the advertising community by seeking out and participating at industry events
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of digital advertising/marketing sales experience, and 5+ years of management
- You are an experienced sales leader in the San Francisco, Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain regions
- You have a deep understanding of the marketing landscape and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within Direct & Programmatic environments
- You have experience running a team where Data/Insights drive the direction of the business
- You have strong agency holding company & brand direct relationships
- You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic, and willing to thrive in a high growth organization
- You are able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations
- You have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills