Regional Distributors, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of commercial cleaning/janitorial, food service, dishwashing, and laundry products and equipment in Western NY. We are looking for a highly experienced Director of Sales to join our enthusiastic, service-orientated team. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of exceeding sales goals through proactive and dedicated attention to sales team development and account management, as well as an eagerness to support the company's values, principles, and goals.
- Ensure sales representatives hit their assigned sales goals by reviewing sales practices and reports and developing plans to address performance gaps. Ensure team hits sales goals assigned by strategic supply partners. Director of Sales will also be responsible for managing their own accounts.
- Manage, advise, coach, and motivate an outside sales team to improve their behaviors, skills, techniques, and performance. Support the team to achieve their objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing data on past performance, fostering customer engagement, and projecting future performance.
- Continuously evaluate and tweak the sales process and develop sales strategies to acquire new customers and penetrate new markets.
- Recruit, hire, and train new sales representatives. Plan and implement regular skills training programs.
- Provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing plans and discount rates, and provide advanced negotiation expertise.
- Meet with reps one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets, as well as monthly to coach one-on-one through phone and email work, prospecting, and planned sales rides to improve sales performance. Provide support for sales associates to help generate leads and close new deals.
- Plan and preside over quarterly sales team meetings.
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each individual rep once per year and share with management.
- Unite the team to ensure reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices. Motivate and engage the sales team with monetary and non-monetary motivational tactics, such as sales contests, incentive packages, prizes, and public recognition.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs, quality of the company's relationship with them, monitor preferences, and recommend solutions to best accommodate customer needs. Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends.
- Quickly resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service and implement process to avoid future issues.
- Ensure that reps use sales technologies, including CRM, online sales tools, mobile devices, and apps consistently and correctly.
- Prepare budgets and approve expenditures.
- Ensure the team is upholding the company's mission, values, and principles with every interaction and daily responsibility.
- Ensure that the sales department works cross functionally with executives from other departments including business operations, warehouse operations, purchasing, and marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- 10+ years of sales experience in the jan/san industry
- 2+ years in leadership sales position
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Successful experience building a territory from little or nothing
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business
- High energy, ambitious, decisive, and results-oriented
- Innovative, generating original solutions and lots of ideas
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Familiarity with CRM, marketing automation software, mobile devices, Microsoft Suite, and social media
- Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and reliable transportation.