“Administer, direct, manage and control the sales and marketing department to maximize sales revenue for the hotel and ensure an aggressive approach by all sales staff to meet budgeted goals.” Position Summary:
- Develop sales strategies for property, including targeted market segments, rate management, solicitation procedures and advertising.
- Develop a realistic annual marketing plan with monthly reviews to update and modify as required by market conditions.
- Encourage the active participation of the front office/reservations and all other operating departments in various promotions as applicable.
- Emphasize control procedures and yield management to assure a proper balance of rate availability to market demand.
- Establish and execute an effective outside sales program.
- Implement and execute an effective outside sales program.
- Direct internal servicing of groups by effective outside sales program.
- Complete all requiredreports in a timely manner.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings discussing the recommended topics for sales meetings as outlined by Management Company.
- Develop creative programs for merchandising rooms, food and beverage.
- Prepare monthly sales reports.
- Regularly hold individual conferences (one-on-ones) with sales managers to stimulate sales activity and performance.
- The Director of Sales and Marketing, as a sales producer, should conduct a successful, aggressive solicitation process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, telephone calls, individual letter and direct mail.
- Supervise sales managers in technical salesmanship and managerial development. Identify training needs to provide training programs.
- Set up records, file systems, trace and follow-up procedures to company standards.
- Set up direct mail programs, establish and maintain mailing/emailing list.
- Continually evaluate markets, their needs and respond accordingly to ensure market penetration.
- Maintain awareness of competition.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance and management decorum in dealing with all other departments in the hotel.
- Monitor and control sales department budget, staying within annual budgeted percent of revenue. Issue purchase orders for all marketing department expenses.
- Evaluate staff performance on a 120 day and annual basis.
- Read, learn, understand and refer to the applicable Franchise and management company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform MOD responsibilities as directed by property policy.
- May perform additional duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Revenue generation and yield management required.
- Travel as needed.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in an honest and ethical manner and in compliance with all laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
- Use arithmetic to calculate sales, expense and profit of departments.
- Stand, walk or sit for varying lengths of time.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.