The Director of Sales is responsible for the overall coordination and execution, of all “procurement” sales activities of their assigned business territory. The position reports directly to the Region Vice President (RVP).
- The DOS is responsible for developing new customers as well as maintaining and enhancing existing customers spend within our programs.
- The DOS is responsible for providing an annual Sales Plan along with quarterly updates and bi-weekly visitation schedules.
- The DOS, in coordination with the RVP, establishes target customer sales strategies including, but not limited to A-B-C customer prioritization and visitation schedules.
- The DOS is responsible for developing and fostering good supplier relationships, primarily at the filed level, but not limited to.
- This position is responsible for managing the needs of their assigned customers and prospects in order to meet the objectives of the company's overall business plans and strategies.
- The DOS executes a territory plan designed to generate new business and to retain and grow existing business
- The DOS conducts field sales calls and scheduling functions. The position specifically is responsible for field sales, works in tandem with telemarketing efforts, and all customer support functions of the business.
- The DOS is responsible for their respective territory’s sales quotas and objectives
- The DOS is expected to spend a significant portion of time in the field working with new and existing accounts as well as joint travel with other sales personnel.
- The DOS is expected to be knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and customer purchasing trends
- The DOS is responsible for developing market strategies including customer and prospect awareness initiatives, town hall meetings, maintenance associations etc.
- The DOS is a salesman and an “educator” of the Corcentric value proposition
- Maintaining assigned territory baseline sales
- Growth over existing territory sales
- Achieving sales quota of $1M in year one, and $2.5M per year thereafter
- Customer retention
- Supplier relationships
- 3 - 5 years industry experience
- Experience in a sales role in the trucking industry and preferably the field of operations (at least 5 years)
- Has developed and executed tactical sales plans including quotas and account objectives
- Is highly organized and has very effective time management skills
- Is a demonstrated leader among employees
- Is highly computer literate and uses sales database tracking programs
- Fluent in ecommerce
- Strong data rationalization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- O.E. manufacturer program sales preferred
- Territory or region manager qualities
- Highly customer focused
- Self starter
- Strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees
- Strong business acumen
- Highly efficient
- Ability to adhere to policies, but remain flexible when customer conditions require.