Batteries Plus Bulbs has been acknowledged as an "essential business" and we have remained open to provide our customers with essential products during the current pandemic. Through weekly in-store and in-person visits to Batteries Plus Bulbs stores throughout the assigned district and territory with both franchise-owned stores and corporate-owned stores, the Director of Sales & Operations drives best practices in retail sales and operations, provides leadership, coaching, and guidance, and hold stores accountable for customer satisfaction while ultimately helping stores achieve and exceed sales targets to exceed Batteries Plus Bulbs organizational goals.
The ideal Director of Sales & Operations candidate will have 5+ years of multi-unit retail store management experience, extensive experience in a selling based retail store environment, success creating action plans that drive financial results, demonstrated influence and coaching abilities, the ability to travel 75%-90% of the time on a weekly basis- including regular overnight stays, and be bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Lead and develop high performing teams within a multi-store, multi-state district through regular in-person, in-store visits
- Providing direction and leadership to both Franchise-owned and Corporate-owned stores
- Develop and maintain a positive team culture within stores
- Drive execution through clear goals, expectations, ethics, guidance, and measurable results
- Create actions plans with Store Managers and Franchise owners to meet and exceed monthly and annual sales goals
- Act as a brand ambassador and the key liaison between the corporate office and Franchisees
- Ensure Batteries Plus Bulbs contract compliance with franchisees
- Drive assigned district to exceed sales and operational goals
- 5+ years of multi-unit, multi-store retail store management experience
- Ability to travel 75%-90% of the time on a weekly basis via airplane and vehicle, with regular overnight stays required
- Valid Driver's License, clean driving record, ability to rent a vehicle
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
- The ideal candidate will be currently based in the Miami, FL metro area
- Bi-lingual, fluent in English and Spanish
- Specialty, small-box retail experience preferred
- Exceptional leadership and coaching skills and the "ability to influence without formal authority"
- Sales experience in a retail store "selling" environment, cross-selling, upselling, sales training of retail store associates
- Track record of improving sales through coaching and training
- Demonstrated experience developing store associates and store managers
- Extensive knowledge of financial reports, merchandising, inventory, cash controls, operations
- Knowledge of franchising desirable or experience with overseeing franchise-owned stores