National Director of Sales
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
CCI Consulting has been retained to represent an exciting role for a National Director of Sales for a dynamic and National growing, global durable goods manufacturer.
Position: Director of Sales / National
Report to: President
Location: Southern, NJ / Philadelphia region
Travel: Up to 50%
Relocation: Assistance available
Our client is a premier, family owned manufacturer and distributor of high-quality durable goods for residential and commercial purposes. A world leading provider with over 90 years of history and success, they have grown to be a leader in their field.
It’s an exciting and dynamic time for our client and a terrific time to join a growing company and a successful and experienced leadership team. The Director of Sales is a key member of the management team and will develop and execute successful nationwide sales strategies to support ambitious growth targets with a well-established leading provider.
Are you ready to take the next adventure in your career?
Our client is poised to achieve new heights of success with you.
As a key member of the management team, the DIRECTOR OF SALES (DOS) primary role will be to develop and execute successful sales strategies. He/she will lead the national sales force throughout the United States.
The DOS will lead, navigate and support the company’s multi-channelsales structure that includes customer-facing relationships across all channels including national accounts. In leading the sales force, the DOS will seek to develop and execute corporate strategic initiatives, increase market share and sales volume, and grow and diversify the company’s customer base.
The DOS will be tasked with developing (in working with the management team) the company multi-channelsales strategy and executing the specific directives and actions required to achieve it. Further, the DOS will lead the sales organization in strategic sales analysis, forecasting, pricing analysis, sales results measurement and expense tracking.
Responsibilities of the Director of Sales:
- Drive and deliver sales in a multi-channelsales environment
- Plan, organize and execute sales initiatives across entire sales platform
- Lead the sales team in terms of steering, controlling, and intensification
- Architect (along with executive team) sales strategy and tactical implementation plans through collection of market data and metrics in support of the company sales goals
- Maintain and develop deep customer relationships in concert with sales force; wholesalers, showrooms and dealers, distributors, and national accounts customers
- Strong management skills with the ability to motivate, monitor and support the sales team including Regional Managers, Sales Development Reps, Territory Sales Manager and an independent sales force
- Expand sales growth to sell deeper to existing customers, and wider through expansion of customer footprint
- Develop sales forecasts, monitor sales plan progress and reportsales results to executive team
- Manage job/pricing quotation process
- 5+ years of consumer durable goods salesexperience
- 5+ years of national sales leadership experience
- 5+ years of multi-channel, complex selling experience with channel conflicts
- Wholesale distribution and e-commerceexperience
- Demonstrable record of strategic sales development and execution through sales organization
- Track record of success in leading a national sales team in branded products with significant growth over a sustained time period
- Sales Leadership excellence through independent sales representative agencies
- Proven success at solving complex problems and implementing solutions
- Adaptable personality that can relate to all types of people at different levels - both internally and externally, including internationally
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to delegate and motivate
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting with strong orientation towards results
- Strategic competence, analytical thinking to develop concepts and problem solutions
- Dynamic, energetic and structured individual with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to thrive in the culture of high expectations paired with a supportive team environment.
- Honest and ethical
- Bachelor’s degreerequired—Marketing or Business Administration concentration preferred.
Executive Search Consultant