Situated on over a mile of the Yellowstone riverfront, the Sage Lodge is a rustically elegant mecca for fly fishermen, birders, hikers and adventurers, or for those who just want to kick back for a while.
Discover that elusive, perfect moment with people who share your interest, and experts to help guide you. Afterwards, our lodge will bring the outdoors in, via spectacular Rocky Mountain vistas in landscape-inspired spaces. Experience our distinctive brand of Montana hospitality, and locally crafted beer, spirits and meats with wood-fired indoor and outdoor dining.
Columbia Hospitality is seeking an Director of Sales for the Sage Lodge. This position is responsible for directing the day to day leadership for this small, hands on sales department to achieve optimum performance of the sales team. This position works in conjunction with the General Manager to achieve sales revenues for all aspects of the lodge.
THE BRASS TACKS:
• Drives and achieves sales goals for all aspects of the lodge
• Maintains market segments and is responsible for an annual booking goal
• Maintains relationships is an active member in the community with industry partners such as the hotel industry, destination management companies, and the convention and visitors’ bureaus
• Maintains and conducts industry research to be able to project future business volume and trends
• Hires, mentors and trains sales and conference services managers ensuring that the team is competent in all sales aspects
• Generates sales manager’s annual goals and monitors progress. Implements corrective action and reward programs as appropriate
• Ensures the accurate production of monthly closing reports, monthly owner’s reports, booking pace report and forecasting reports
• Oversees weekly sales meetings and delegates to sales manager as appropriate
• Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or 5+years’ experience as a Sales Management role in a luxury hotel, or similar environment.
• The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
• Must possess strong negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
• Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word. Sales and Catering software program knowledge is required, Delphi is preferred. Knowledge of room diagramming/layout program, specifically Meeting Matrix, preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this team member. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.