The Director of Sales is responsible to strategize and implement a successful group business plan to targeted clients in order to meet and/or exceed group revenue goals.
- Achieve and exceed group budgeted room nights and revenue goals annually.
- Analyze and estimate total value of each piece of business and negotiate best situation for achieving optimum revenue for the hotel while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Develop and utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
- Ensure accuracy for forecasting of revenues with most updated information.
- Recruit, direct, manage, train and counsel group sales staff.
- Assist Sales/Catering/Conference Services in obtaining necessary customer information and closing business, as requested.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as a team player with fellow managers.
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing associates.
- Be a leader and role model to all Associates.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years' prior hotel sales or related experience required.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of sales.
- Ability to assess/evaluate Associates' performance fairly.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.