Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
The Director Sales will manage all aspects of Local advertising sales including coaching, developing staff, implementing sales strategies, managing inventory, forecasting revenue and recruiting and retaining top LSM’s and Account Executives. Overseeing account management and fostering solid professional relationships with key clients.
The Director of Sales is ultimately responsible for revenue generation, budgeting and forecasting; inventory pricing and control; strategies/policies; with the overall goal of achieving and exceeding competitive market share. Top candidates will have a proven track record of overcoming obstacles, achieving goals and engaging a diverse team of media sales professionals.
- In partnership with Sales Leadership, develop the sales strategies and objectives to increase Spectrum Reach’s share of Local advertising spend in the market including the advanced media platform opportunities.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and coaching local zone sales staff; actively coach and work with LSM’s and Account Executives to strengthen their selling skills; Accompany Account Executives weekly on sales calls. Create development plans and review on a regular basis.
- Monitor, forecast, and actively manage the price of spot inventory to maximize sellout and drive revenues.
- Maintain strong relations with Key and Target Accounts; Ability to build strong relationships with agencies and clients using strong verbal/written communication skills and meeting on a regular basis.
- Accurately forecast revenue throughout the year & meet or exceed monthly, quarterly & annual budgets.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Local market, competition and respond effectively.
- Supervise sales staff in packaging, negotiating, and selling of company media sales opportunities.
- Work with peers to create sales opportunities and projects to meet revenue goals; Develop and execute special projects and promotions.
- Develop and foster relationships with clients and community leaders and represent Spectrum Reach at functions.
- Effectively communicate with all internal stakeholders: Ad Sales departments, Marketing, Engineering, System personnel etc.
- Attend regular staff meetings and provide direction about the company’s goals and objectives.
- Minimum of five years of media sales management with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals, including digitalsales.
- Demonstrated sales planning and sales training ability to effectively develop and implement sales strategies and objectives and to motivate and enhance effective sales techniques of sales personnel.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Effective working knowledge of cable and internet.
- Strong understanding of media (TV and internet) rating and pricing tools.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, accountability and a strong background in agency business and new business development are a must.
- Team player, an excellent problem-solver, and have the ability to develop, maintain, and grow client relationships.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and work experience