Say hello to a brand-new hotel experience from Hilton that's vibrant and young-at-heart. It's energetic, yet relaxing and comfortable. It's familiar, and it's also unexpected. It's completely unprecedented, it's uniquely Tru. We are excited to combine the Tru by Hilton with the Home2 Suites by Hilton and introduce a unique dual-branded, urban property in the heart of downtown Denver- near the Colorado Convention Center. Opening in fall of 2019, this Stonebridge managed property will boast 383 guest rooms, and provide opportunity galore for a seasoned, high-energy Director of Sales & Marketing that excels at sales and building a unique synergetic culture!
Delivering daily on "Distinguished Hospitality"- that is what we ask of you, but we also expect you are exceptional at the following:
- Building and leading a pro-active sales team
- Driving retail, group, business transient and catering business through various networks, cold calling and visiting local businesses in your immediate market.
- Effectively managing the workflow through the SalesPro or Delphi system.
- Actively participating in promotional, community, and industry events- cultivating a strong network.
- Understanding the hotel's operations, including room types, meeting capacities, service, features and benefits.
- Reviewing monthly STAR reports and creating action plans as assigned.
- Communicating with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as needed.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible management experience in Hotel Sales as Director of Sales & Marketing, Hilton or a 4-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and two years of experience in Hotel Sales or related professional area.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions, including MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Hospitality or Hotel Administration preferred); or four years equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years equivalent experience in a full-service hotel property of similar size and quality. Thorough understanding of revenue and yield management principles. Position requires ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
What to Expect:
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- Be recognized for excellence