- The newly reimagined Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle is fresh off a multi-million dollar transformation designed to captures the contrast of the lush nature that surrounds Seattle and the urban industrial grid of the city itself. Welcome to Emerald Elegance, Unscripted.This position requires a progressive Sales & Marketing executive, a strong leader who can successfully and strategically open the property, build an exceptional sales team, and develop and implement ongoing strategic initiatives that will positively impact hotel revenues and profits. The position is responsible for selling, administration, and market planning, communications, and inventory management. Sales personnel development and training are also components of this position.
- Job Specifics
- Develop and update annual strategic marketing plan which includes market initiatives by segment
- Develop marketing initiative, promotions, packages and ad campaigns to insure successful consumer response and positively impact market yield and rev par
- Develop with the Director of Revenue Management the revenue management and rate strategy initiatives to maximize revenue goals.
- Support Regional Director of Public Relations in developing strategies and tactics that will gain exposure for the hotel.
- Maintain accurate forecasting for all group/individual segments and identify value periods for all sales emphasis
- Establish programs and direct efforts to achieve group and individual room night goals (including volume accounts) and to develop ongoing relationships with customers
- Monitor sales production and adjust sales activities, account coverage and sales priorities as necessary to achieve plan goals
- Establish account qualifications criteria and use market research and telemarketing resources to identify priority markets and accounts; assign sales managers to assure coverage of all major markets
- Develop active communications and close rapport with Convention & Visitors Bureau, National Sales Offices, Planners Associations and other sources of sales information and support
- Recruit, select, train and motivate sales department to realize their potential and develop individuals for advancement. Assure understanding of position descriptions, goals and standards of performance for sales department personnel; conduct formal semi-annual evaluations and provide ongoing coaching and counseling
- Major responsibilities with ecommerce: Comprehensive understanding of digital marketing strategies and tactics, experience working closely with brand level digital marketing teams, ability to analyze and report on website, meta search and eCommerce results, Comfortable leading strategic eCommerce initiatives, and Experience leading social media commercial efforts, including direct revenue generating strategy
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or other similar major
- Seven years hospitality, sales, and marketing experience in a high volume and luxury hotel or resort
- Opening/Pre-opening experience a huge plus.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Excellent networking, negotiation and presentation skills required
- Ability to envision/create new strategic ideas to drive sales and revenues
- Must be a skilled leader, have strong organizational skills, and have thorough knowledge and understanding of hotel operations.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Travel required
Valid Through: 2019-10-29