Industry: Diversified Industrial•
11 - 15 years
Posted 391 days ago
Director of Sales & Marketing
We are working with a successful, growing global manufacturer (<$100M division of a $4B+ organization), to find a high energy, strategic, innovative sales executive. We need a strong leader who can manage and direct a complete business unit globally, creating sales objectives and goals, setting strategic vision, mission and overall direction. This is the key sales leadership position for the division.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for maximizing sales volume, profitability, and market penetration of business unit markets through management, administration, and performance of sales activities. This hire will lead a team of over 50 people globally (10+ direct reports; Director, Managers, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service), providing guidance and direction through close partnership with the GM/BU Leadership. They must be an advocate, champion, and spokesperson for the BU and it's established goals/mission.
The Director will develop a strategy, plan, and follow-up to execute region-specific activity to grow sales. They will drive a forecasting model (building processes, performance expectations/results, action plan), sales efficiencies (core selling process, influencing others, overall effectiveness), and core customer expansion (maximizing sales volume, profitability, market penetration). This team is focused on expanding the core customer base.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of results and personnel within the assigned Business Unit.
· Bachelor's Degreerequired (technical capacity strongly preferred; Mechanical, Electrical, Science etc), although a Sales, Marketing, Business degree may be considered. Advanced degree strongly preferred. Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes and general management principles.
· 10 - 20+ years of salesexperience, working with highly technical products/instruments. Must have 5+ years in a senior leadership role.
· Must have knowledge of one or more of the following: nuclear instrumentation, detector systems, spectroscopy, analyzers, particle detectors - or highly scientific test/instrumentation used in industries like nuclear, science/laboratories, medical, waste, defense.
· Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that have consistently met/exceeded planned objectives, and providing personal leadership through example. Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical/operational levels
· Hands-on, "roll up the sleeves" mentality, with a keen focus to detail and passion for growth and development of new markets and business.
· Able to travel domestically and internationally a minimum of 30% of the time, approaching 50% at times.
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Free to decide how to achieve predetermined ends. Latitude in modifying practices and procedures. Strong PC and business systems knowledge.
FULL JOB UPON REQUEST