Are you a motivated sales professional looking for a job on the front lines of the 3D printing revolution? Are you seeking the opportunity to close big sales, introduce some of your favorite companies to MakerBot’s groundbreaking products, and build lasting partnerships? Do you want to involve yourself on a high performing, supportive team, while being given the responsibility of growing your business? Do you see yourself thriving in a role where your customers and prospects are routinely in awe of your products?
If so, we're looking for a Director of Sales on the Sales team to manage and drive the success of MakerBot’s business. In this role you will manage our sales efforts in the commercial and EDU space ranging from Fortune 100 companies and universities, to hobbyist users and elementary schools. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the direct, indirect & ecommerce saleschannels. This is your chance to be a part of the next industrial revolution with MakerBot.
As Director of Sales, you will:
- Manage the direct and indirect sales team and channels
- Develop and ensure best practices to create a highly efficient sales organization
- Coach and mentor sales reps to exceed targets
- Plan and meet quarterly revenue targets
- Responsible for daily and weekly reporting on all sales activities
- Identify growth and expansion opportunities
- Strategize GTM for new salespartnership opportunities
- Manage day to day relationship with distribution partners
- Maintain knowledge of industry and competition
As Director of Sales you have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or a related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in sales & marketing in a management role. Experience in mentoring sales talent across saleschannels
- Ability to initiate and maintain new business relationships
- Experience in business development and partnerships
- Experience managing a P&L, including reporting and metric assessment for the business
- Ecommerce experience is a bonus
- Strong entrepreneurial and self-motivation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, SalesForce and CRM experience
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills
- Experience in channelmarketing and launching new hardware products
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
Extra experience counts too!
- Professional experience with 3D printing or MakerBot is a significant plus
- Experience in selling hardware or SAAS product
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot introduced the first widely adopted Desktop 3D printer, we developed 6th generations (and counting) of this initial product, and our products are used by hundreds of thousand of users worldwide. We still strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, generous vacation policy, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.