We are seeking an innovative and dynamic Director of Sales at KJRH-TV in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Director of Sales is responsible for leading and establishing the direction of the stations' sales team.
Duties of this position include:
- Establish the sales direction of the station. Create and manage budgets and project for station revenue. Set and adjust station rates to meet goals.
- Manage the sale of advertising time to clients/agencies, involving local travel and national travel. Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community.
- Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects.
- Provide training, development and motivation of Local Sales Department to ensure success of department goals and objectives.
- Provide training for the sales managers to include all aspects of local, national and general sales management.
- Effectively manage all personnel issues.
- Utilize and maximize air time inventory and resources to achieve revenue goals. Evaluate items and programs available to the station.
- Develop and implement new business plans, sales projects, and strategic plans for sales.
- Understand and interface with traffic system and personnel to efficiently manage air time inventory. Approve all orders.
- Interface with station's national rep firm to set goals and objectives. Hold firm accountable for the achievement of all expectations.
- Establish local market value and position of the station Know the strengths and weaknesses of competing stations and mediums. Maintain integrity in all business dealings.
- Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish the objectives of this station.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by General Manager.
- Bachelor's degree with marketing major is required or commensurate experience in progressive sales management position.
- A minimum of five (5) years of local and national TV sales management experience. Experience in an LPM market a plus.
- Practical application of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Wide Orbit and Sharebuilder experience a plus.
- This is a challenging position where accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
- Strong leadership skills and motivational skills are necessary both within the department and through interaction with all station departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
- Some travelrequired. Will drive personal vehicle to conduct company business.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digitaljournalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "The List" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."