Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to effectively and most profitably sell hotel rooms and meeting space.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals.
- Review market analysis to determine client needs
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing bookings.
- Act as liaison between sales and other departments.
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepare sales reports as required on a timely basis.
- Take initiative to solve problems by working as liaison with other hotel managers.
- Develop the annual hotel revenue budget.
- Develop and complete annual marketing plan.
- Follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Adhere to hotel grooming standards.
- Perform any additional tasks requested by management/corporate office.
- Partake in hotel brand guideline training and practices set forth in franchise agreements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related field from a four-year college or university or high school diploma or GED plus 2 years sales related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and ability.
Experience: Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Preferred knowledge and experience with Delphi, Hotel SalesPro, Travelclick Business Intelligence including Rate and Agency 360, STR reporting and forecasting tools.
Hours required: Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs. May be required to work weekends.
- Ability to travel as required for hotel specific needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to provide friendly guest service with a smile.
- Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.