What you will be doing
- Responsible for Sales and Marketing Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans.
- Provide pricing and guidance recommendations to sales staff, review and approve any special corporate negotiated rates.
- Manage group or business travel accounts in assigned market segments to maximize business potential.
- Negotiate group business, guest room rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within assigned markets that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals.
- Negotiate contracts according to company standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (generating proposals, contracts, and customer correspondence)
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition.
- Recommend and implement new sales programs at the hotel and accurately track ROI.
- Understand, leverage, and implement corporate and brand tools to exceed budgets.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, managing and coaching sales team in their selling process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues.
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Hyatt and Silverton Core Values.
Skills, Education & Other Requirements
- 5 + years of progressive hotel sales experience (preferably with Hyatt)
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills: opening, probing, supporting, closing.
- Must possess exceptional negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills relative to impact on hotel revenues
- Previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Communication and organizational skills are of utmost importance for this position.
- Possess clear concise written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical/dental/vision
- Company matching 401K