Director of Sales - food
COMPANY WILL RELOCATE
Growing food manufacturer is looking for a Director of Sales. This person will manage 4-5 direct sales reps.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual and quarterly sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Develop field sales action plan for the grocery sector.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current withsupply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Responsible for sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains grocery sales staff by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participate in any needed legislative or Industry updates and events.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other activities that may be assigned.
Director of Sales Skills and Qualifications:
Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing
Travel is required and mostly centralized to the western region.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor?s degree in related field
8+ years of related experiencewith progressive growth.