The General Sales Manager is responsible for leading and establishing the direction of the radio station's sales team.
- Establish the sales direction of the station
- Create and manage budgets and project for station revenue. Set and adjust station rates to meet goals.
- Grow sales revenues by increasing market share for stations.
- Develop and implement sales strategies through pricing policies, key and target account management, and inventory management.
- Work with all station departments to maximize promotional and product opportunities.
- Identify and monitor sales trends locally and nationally.
- Create a productive work environment leading employees though our mission, vision and values.
- Provide training, development, and motivation of Sales Department to ensure success of department goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement new business plans, sales projects, and strategic plans for sales.
- Establish local market value and position of the station.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of competing stations and mediums. Maintain integrity in all business dealings.
- Supervise Local Sales Managers, Account Managers, and Sales Assistants.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and lead sales talent in a culture based upon accountability.
- Maximize results for multiple lines of business.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years broadcast sales management experiencerequired.
- Including customer focused selling experiencepreferred.
- Experience with both agency and local direct/retail clients.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Core competencies in leading a sales team by communicating a vision and values, strategic decision making, building partnerships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry related to inventory, ratings, research, marketing, demographics and the internet.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Tapscan.
- Ability to be flexible, handle stress and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prioritize and meet strict deadlines, manage financialresponsibilities and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Driving required. Valid Driver's License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digitaljournalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "The List" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."