Director of Sales – Drug Discovery, Development, and Manufacturing – U.S. West/Midwest
My globally aligned client provides contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Manager of Sales for Discovery, Development, and Manufacturing will coordinate and implement the strategies and related operational actions for the profitable development of the organization's Contract Services Business across the Southwest and Midwest.
- Working closely with the Manager of Sales to establish the commercial strategy, marketing goals, actions, and budgets for the Region.
- Ensure that existing accounts are serviced effectively, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential clients.
- Liaise communication for U.S. client base.
- Generate new business leads. Utilize strong interpersonal skills when negotiating contracts and/or bids and building long-term relationships with potential external partners and/or customers.
- Arrange for meeting with prospective accounts, provide technical and administrative product information, coordinate presentations, and support proposal generation. Prepare client-specific presentations and other data to respond to client needs.
- Work withinternal teams to translate client needs and expectations into reality.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate advertising, and trade promotion programs.
- Assist the Manager, Sales in identifying market potential by evaluating client requirements, defining market, competitors’ share, and competitors’ advantages and weaknesses, forecasting projected business, establishing targeted Company share.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Pharmacology, Organic Chemistry or another related scientific discipline preferred --- MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years salesexperiencepreferred.
- Experienceselling in the CRO/CMO industry preferred.
- A positive and enthusiastic personality and the energy, drive, and stamina to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Strong commercial and negotiating skills, necessary to promote complex services to sophisticated clients in pharmaceutical and biotechnology R/D areas.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills, capable of identifying appropriate clients and partners, establishing and maintaining the necessary effective business relationships.
- Able and willing to operate remotely, whilst remaining a key member of the team.
Travel within Southwest (SoCal primarily) and Midwest regions required