PUMA is one of the world’s leading Sports Brands that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. It starts in sport and ends in fashion. PUMA offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf and Motorsports. We are committed to working in ways that contribute to the world by supporting creativity, sustainability and peace, and by staying true to the principles of being fair, honest, positive and creative in decisions made and actions taken. Would you like working in a fast pace and multicultural environment? Then PUMA is the right place to be!
We Are looking for a candidate has drive, a clear strategic vision, and has the ambition to lead and manage future growth of the Department Store Channels in the United States
Become a member of our successful Sales team based in Westford, MA, USA. We are currently looking for a Director of Sales, Department Stores.
- Develop & lead wholesale strategies for Department Store Channel
- Advanced understanding and interpretation of account/business insights and opportunities to create a competitive advantage for a company. Is able to translate customers and key stakeholder feedback into strategic actions
- Travel extensively to key retail partners to monitor and manage PUMA distribution and execution of PUMA Brand Strategy in footwear & apparel products for Department Store Channel
- Advanced knowledge and discipline of distribution & segmentation guidelines. Drives & establish standards for In-Store excellence through assortment, visuals and marketing collateral
- Has an excellent understanding of internal financial processes and procedures, including planning and forecasting, margins, P&L plans for Sales for the business unit
- Understands budget practices and concepts, and their applications in various settings.
- Has an advanced understanding of financialrisks and potential their impacts. Advanced working knowledge of all Retail Math concepts
- Partner with dedicated Business Planner to proactively manage the Channels’ businesses from an internal and external perspective.
- Accountable for Business Unit Revenue
- Identifies opportunities to improve existing business and create new business. Proactively servicing account needs driven by PUMA strategic goals, by providing the highest level of service and product expertise each season from sell-in to sell-thru.
- Manage external relationships with key retail partners at a senior level (General Manager level and above)
- Generates and promotes new ideas and uses them to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, solutions, products or services within the Department Store Channel
- Lead Department Store team in presentations of new product lines at National account meetings, as well as US Sales Meetings, presenting to senior management internally and externally
- Communicates effectively across all functions and levels of the organization. Work as Channel expert to keep up cross departments to date with business trends and developments; work to provide direction to create new products for customers and competitive advantage for PUMA
- Developing & manage channel marketing direction with cross functional partner
- Demonstrates strong Team building skills: Creates clear expectations and delivers necessary tools to execute in a timely manner.
- BS or BA Degreerequired.
- 8-10 years of sales management experience with a top tier international fashion/sports company or management in a buying/merchandising environment
- Experience in the Footwear & Apparel categorypreferred.
- Travel extensively through US Market (40% travel)
- Based in Westford, MA or New York, NYC
- Credible knowledge and experience with US Department Store Channels
- Ability to effectively lead an experienced team of Account Managers. Initiative, high energy, passion, decisiveness, an eye for detail and confidence are required
- Strong analytical and overall business acumen
- Open communication/good listening skills
- Ability to convincingly present category knowledge using PowerPoint and spreadsheet software tools
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Posting # 2016-1908