The Director- Business Sales Development- Retail Reconditioning primary responsibility is to grow the customer base and build a sales & service team from the ground up, by capturing market share, producing market revenue growth through an end?to?end sales strategy, selling all Manheim’s Retail Solutions products and services to designated major and independent dealer clients (training with auction staff). This role will focus on cultivating relationships and partnerships with existing and new clients. Director will help define and execute sales strategy for Retail Solutions, while partnering closely with Regional & Corporate Sales Teams across Cox Automotive, as well as leaders and team members at Manheim’s operating locations to ensure that client expectations are exceeded and all team members are trained on all products and services offered by Retail Solutions.Job responsibilities:
• Achieve or exceed established sales/revenue goals/budget for retail reconditioning
• Ensure appropriate sales pipeline is maintained always and reporting on those activities. Prospecting for new accounts/clients and cultivating relationship with key decision makers at dealerships/dealer groups, Commercial accounts and Mobility clients.
• Close partnership with all sales organizations and will act as SME of retail recon with customers/clients
• Develop and execute a strategy to grow the market share of retail recon with our existing customers through physical visits, marketing activities, conferences and other promotional activities to meet/exceed pre-defined quota and performance targets, including budget, in collaboration with auction management and retail operations team
• Cultivate and maintain relationships and partnerships with current and future clients.
• Lead and direct a team of Sales Partnership Executives who are responsible for selling retail recon to Dealers, specifically independent Dealer and working/training with auctions to assist them in selling retail recon to their clients.
• Negotiate retail recon rates and contract requirements and signatures
• Ensures proper planning and hand-off to auction management and retail operations teams with new clients and expansion clients
• Create a comprehensive strategy to grow and expand business opportunities in collaboration with other Cox Automotive businesses; i.e., NextGear, vAuto, Autotrader, Dealertrack, etc.
• Product & services training for CA internal sales organizations. Partners with CA Training Team and Manheim Sales Operations teams to spearhead the design of customized training modules to Train and encourages utilization of all appropriate products and services based on customer needs, includes participation in CASS and any other internal Sales events deemed necessary.
• Designing, driving and executing participation in industry conferences for industry partners, including, but not limited to NADA, Used Car Week, NIADA, and others as needed.
• Working with Auction management and Retail Ops Team to ensure an exceptional service level so expectations are met when product or service disruptions occur; which includes ownership and follow up of product/service disruption to ensure resolution is either complete or in-progress; and communicating with account on status and to manage their expectations effectively
• Account reviews: analyze current and expected future performance of existing accounts based on data analytics, metrics and information provided by Corporate Sales team
• Close partnership with CA Marketing to ensure a successful planning and execution of all marketing and promotional strategies for Retail Reconditioning organization, including value proposition for clients and internal sales organization.
• Work closely with PR team on all press releases, client whitepapers and statements, and press interviews along with VP of Reconditioning
• Managing sales, marketing and expense budgets
• Key participation in budget projection activities with new client projections and current client expansion opportunities.
• Compiling and relaying product feedback and competitive intelligence back to Retail Services product team to drive product development and innovation to make it easier for customers to do business with CA
• In conjunction with the central arbitration department, supporting any arbitrations that arise from clients
• New Product and/or Service Launch, Automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales/service a plus
• Experience in developing new business from prospects as well as existing customer base preferred.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work in a high performance, fast?paced team environment
• Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
• Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time Sales & marketing
• Relationship building & networking
• Presentation and public speaking
• Self-directed & highly motivated
• Data analysis
• Travel required: 50-75%
• Minimum 10 years of sales leadership/management roles
• Deep and extensive automotive industry networks and relationships
• Minimum 5 years sales and marketing experience
• Minimum 5 years remarketing experience, working in the field
• Strong digital operations background and experience
• Bachelor’s degree and various continuing education