Owned by Jeff Bezos, Arc Publishing (https://www.arcpublishing.com/) is an award-winning, state-of-the-art digital platform and suite of tools that’s engineered to meet the needs of modern publishers. Arc’s technology solves complex publishing needs, including video, mobile web and apps, syndication to distributed platforms, automatic content testing, data mining and monetization. Arc has powered the digital transformation of clients both large and small across the globe. At its core, Arc is about speed and innovation: for readers, content creators, brands, advertisers and developers.
Do you have experience in selling SaaS? Content Management System (CMS)? Do you have experience working with Consumer Packaged Goods organizations? Have you driven new revenue, built customer pipelines and/or exceeded targets for a new high growth business?
At Arc, we are looking for a Director of Sales in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) to join a team whose primary focus is to work with customers who are re-platforming their digital experience. Ideal candidates understand the growing role of cloud-based CMS, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and have experience in working in the CPG vertical. This individual can work with many different decision makers like CTO, VP of Digital and CMO.
The ideal candidate will possess a business development background that allows you to engage with businesses who currently have a home-grown CMS or use a third-party CMS. You need to be able to think strategically, manage complex negotiations, build polished customer-facing material and present it in one-to-one and one-to-many formats, and establish and grow relationships.
We expect everyone to be tenacious, scrappy, and wear many hats. You will confidently represent our team in front of leaders of all levels across enterprise organizations and educate prospects on what we have built and how to use it.
What you will do…
- Manage a customer pipeline, revenue growth targets, and global go-to-market strategies
- Develop proposals and negotiate/close complex contracts while protecting and managing risk
- Manage pipeline and portfolios of $5M-$100M
- Navigate complex CPG organizations to embed Arc as a solution in their operations
- Work across functional groups within Arc to ensure Arc is meeting the customer demands and requirements to close deals
- Work across functional teams to provide customer feedback attained during the sales process so as to help improve the Arc product portfolio
- Conduct post deal RCAs to understand what worked well, what needs improvement, and where we as a business can double down to ensure future deal success
- Understand first-hand the product and technology portfolio, conduct demos of the suite of tools to provide a deep overview to our customers of what Arc is and what we offer
- Develop ‘Land and Expand’ strategies to meet the needs of the customer while allowing for future growth of Arc
- Collaborate with Professional Services, Product, and Engineering to provide custom prototypes for large customers that require additional personalization of the products to help close the deal
- Be proficient in Salesforce to update leads, opportunities, and real time status of customers
- Ensure a smooth transition from sales to Account management and PS after we sign a new customer
- Work with legal as a partner, mitigating risk while working to meet the needs of the customer
- Provide at every interaction with our customers and potential customers, a professional and customer first focused attitude and approach
- Mentor and coach account managers, product specialists, and sales team members to bring the best out of each one of them all while keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do
Skills you have…
- 10+ years’ experience in a sales role with experience in Consumer Packaged Goods
- 2+ years’ experience in a SaaS business
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design/Development, or related field, MBA a plus
- Proven track record of delivering on quota
- Welcomes ambiguity, utilizing it to shape strategic thinking
- Able to communicate effectively with dozens of internal employees and customers, and synthesize their needs to engineering, product, legal, and finance teams.
- Strong communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Have a good understanding of both business needs and technology capabilities—plus be capable of translating that knowledge in plain terms