Tzell Travel Group (a division of Travel Leaders Group) is a well-established and highly profitable travel company based in New York. We are one of the largest, most innovative and growing travel management companies in the US, headquartered in Midtown Manhattan. We are seeking a sales/business development professional with a proven track record of delivering new business while managing a sales territory & lead pipeline. Our goal is to build a world class sales organization focused on providing clients comprehensive travel solutions; Go-to-market programs include corporate travel fulfillment, meetings management, and using data insights to more effectively manage their corporate travel spend.
Tzell is currently looking for a Director of Sales Business Management to join our growing team in New York, NY. This position is responsible for leading the sales organization and to develop and drive sales strategies, process improvement and standardized reporting to ensure profitable revenue growth across the Travel Leaders Group. The Director of Sales/Business Development will have overall responsibility for all new business revenue streams as well as business development of the workforce across Tzell Travel Group. Account management and corporate account relationships will also fall under the responsibilities for this role. Creating the strategic vision and driving the goals for the business units will be essential.
- Recruit and manage a team of business development managers.
- Create channel programs that augment our direct sales team and drive additional business and value to the customer.
- Prepare and own annual salesbudget. Achieve annual revenue goals by ensuring the company has a skilled, focused, and motivated sales force.
- Forecast and anticipate sales requirements, trends and variances. Establish effective salesreporting tosupport business decision-making.
- Work with the Senior Leadership to develop quota targets, compensation plans, and responsibilities for each member of the sales force in a manner that optimizes the opportunity for individual, team and company success.
- Lead the sales force by example and through training, coaching and counseling.
- Establish expectations and manage sales activity, proposal generation, close ratios and other key performance indicators. Analyze sales results and, if needed, initiate corrective action to achieve attainment of sales goals.
- Communicate and enforce the company's values, policies and procedures with all members of the sales force.
- Minimum 7+ year's demonstrated success of business travelsalesexperience.
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated success managing a national sales team.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to interact effectively with C-level executives and/or senior management.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong deal closing skills.
- Detailed knowledge of traditional and contemporarysales strategies and tactics.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills