We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Director of Sales & Business Development
- Plans, organizes and manages the promotion and sales of AAM products to assigned customers, ensuring that AAM is appropriately visible as a supplier of Powertrain products, and is included in new business opportunities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with assigned customers, identifying target contacts and programs to pursue
- Works with Sales Coordinator or enters Request for Quotes into computerized cost estimating system.
- Prepares formal quotations for customers.
- Negotiates and reviews contracts and Purchase orders.
- Lead teams in overall commercial/sales communication, sales strategy, and advanced development of new accounts.
- Development of employee’s skill sets in Powertrain Sales techniques.
- Development of OEM LRPPs and thus AAM target markets.
- Assist in the management of the suppliers with purchasing to gain cost reductions and sell these changes to OEMs to optimize AAM position.
- In conjunction with AAM’s other Product or Geographical Regions, establishes strategic sales plans (short and long range) to achieve corporate objectives for AAM products at assigned customers, ensures successful execution of Strategic Plans.
- Monitors competitive products and competitors marketing activities.
- Participates in development and maintenance of customer/sales database.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials and events.
- MBA with strong technical capability/capacity
- Transmission product sales experience
- China market experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Understanding of the Technical Background. Powertrain Design exposure, prototype, manufacturing, and/or launch is preferred.
- Previous Director level experience required.
- Strong Financial background.
- Highly engineering capabilities.
- Enthusiastic and Self Directed.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- High level purchasing contacts and financial acumen for cost/pricing
- Knowledge and understanding of business and basic business finance. Understanding of the costed BOMs, manufacturing costs, labor and UCRS build ups preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Proven OEM sales wins are preferred.
- Experience in sales/marketing of OEM components
- Experience with sales processes/negotiation and balancing customer relationships
- OEM relationships preferred.
- At least 10 years OEM automotive sales experience required
- Sales experience with automotive components/powertrain/driveline products preferred
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.