Director of Sales - Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
SUMMARY:The Director of Sales is primarily responsible for developing, directing, and executing the sales and marketing strategy to achieve revenue goals. S/He will maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction.
The Director of Sales shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, develop, and monitor policies and goals to maximize Team Memberproductivity and efficiency while minimizing turnover.
- Prepare, allocate, and manage the salesbudget.
- Assist management in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the sales team.
- Establish client base of organizations, associations, and commercial business through direct outside sales efforts for the purpose of securing business for the hotel.
- Develop, train and motivate a sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guest satisfaction.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of overall sales performance and work closely with appropriate Departments on solutions.
- Cultivate collaborative, mutually supportive relationships with and among customers, community, sales office and hotel staff.
- Create, implement, and monitor pre-opening and long-range sales and marketing strategies to optimize revenue and profitability.
- Ensure group account base room night potential is identified and solicited in a timely manner.
- Develop, achieve and track personal sales goals.
- Collaborate with General Manager in developing, executing and monitoring public relations and advertising strategies.
- As a key member of the executive committee, contribute to recruiting, developing and maintaining qualified hotel staff.
- Identify and direct areas of accountability and performance of assigned personnel.
- Provide suitable training, reinforcement and coaching for staff, as necessary.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Team Member is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- Three years of experience in a sales setting or related field
- Supervisory experiencepreferred in sales/catering environment
- Overall knowledge of hotel sales and marketing management
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Must speak fluent English
- Fluency in otherlanguages beneficial