What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Kennebunk is currently seeking an experienced Sales Professional to join our team. The primary job function of the Community Sales Director is to drive new sales into the community. Candidates with proven ability to close will be considered. Both inside and outside sales efforts are required to attract new residents to the community. Expectations are 50% inside sales -- lead development/closing and 50% outside referral development to professionals.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
- Primarily focused on sales activities outside the community by making sales calls to potential residents, referral sources and other resources.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Regional Sales Manager to develop and implement a rolling 90 day Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Meet or exceed weekly company/community sales standards.
- Produce a weekly sales forecast.
- Respond to telephone inquiries, remotely and in real time where possible, and conduct walk-in and scheduled tours with prospective residents or interested parties.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Regional Sales Manager to facilitate training and continuous in servicing for all community staff that may have occasion to field an inquiry call or conduct a walk-in or scheduled tour.
- Work with all departments to support the sales effort through coaching and training in the community.
- Accurately maintain the community's Customer Relationship Management database by collecting and entering information about new inquiries and recording consistent and appropriate follow up communication with inquiries and prospective residents.
- Accurately maintain the Organizational and Contact libraries in the community's Customer Relationship Management database by entering information about new potential referral sources, updating information about current referral sources and keeping detailed accounts of appointments with individual referral source contacts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with any and all potential referral sources and conduct on-going field visits.
- Qualify prospective residents, effectively matching our services to their needs thus maximizing move-in potential.
- Qualify all current and potential referral sources, effectively matching our services to their needs, thus maximizing referral potential.
- Research and maintain current information on local competition and new services and competitors entering the marketplace. As requested, gather specific market/competitive information and report findings to Regional Sales Manager, the Executive Director and the Business Analysis team at the support center.
- Accurately track move-ins, move-outs and quantity vs. quality of referral activity, determining appropriate follow up actions.
- Assist the Executive Director in ensuring that the community, including all available apartments, model apartments, common areas and grounds are staged, marketable and presentable.
- As necessary, assist the Management Team in completing the necessary move-in paperwork ensuring a smooth transition for the resident and acting in compliance with company policies and appropriate State Licensing regulations.
- Provide regional management with necessary paperwork and reports to actively monitor sales efforts.
- Attend and participate in core Atria sales training events and maximize techniques to grow census/revenue.
- Provide opportunities for greater community members and prospects to visit and tour the community by promoting appropriate special events.
- Serve as a resource by educating and providing information to those who advise seniors on health and alternative living options.
- Manage and monitor community marketing budget. Operate within established budgetary guidelines and according to current community census.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- One to two years of related sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university preferred.
- Must possess strong customer service skills, basic financial knowledge of revenue and profitability, intermediate computer and electronic file management skills and strong organizational skills including ability to follow-up, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver's license.