Director of Sales and Marketing
11 - 15 years experience • Chemicals
Director of Sales and Marketing, PE-backed Chemical Manufacturing Company
Location: San Diego, CA
National candidates will be considered.
We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right Director of Sales and Marketing for one of its portfolio companies. This company is a leader in the development, manufacturing, and packaging of chemicals. It is a fast-growing company that is well positioned for increased profitability and poised to grow even more quickly with the leadership and support of the right Director of Sales and Marketing. Our private equity client partners with management to drive continued growth and value by creating a Board of Directors, strengthening the leadership team, sharpening strategy and execution, and delivering organic and acquisitive growth.
- 12+ years of progressive salesexperience, including proven track record building, growing and scaling a highly relevant revenue generating organization.
- Early career experience in a larger, ?blue chip? company environment with more recent experience in a middle market, smaller business or otherwise an organization that is a sales-oriented culture.
- Significant experience in sales strategy and managing sales operations.
- A proven track record of innovative and creative problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skill set.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Sales and Marketing will serve as the top sales executive within the organization. He/she will be an integral member of the C-Suite, responsible for leading commercial strategy within the company, building world-class sales operations and driving substantial revenue gains. The three key components of the role are: 1) key account acquisition to drive growth; 2) sales leadership to drive culture and accountability; 3) sales operations & management to drive scale; and 4) implementing marketing metrics and best practices.
Additionally, the Director of Sales and Marketing will play a role in:
- Leading, growing, and building a high-performance team of driven sales leaders and professionals.
- Allocating resources and devising key account selling strategies and plans.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and developing new business and capture strategies to obtain maximum sales volume and profitability.
- Developing and identifying the key strategies for successful sales growth and creating a more diverse customer base.
- Analyzing metrics to provide insightful scorecard reporting of results and sales activities.
- Collaborating with the CEO and management teams to proactively introduce new ideas to drive performance, profitability, etc.