For over 30 years, North Hill, a not-for-profit senior living community located in Needham, Massachusetts, has provided vibrant living opportunities to people 65+ by offering a host of hospitality, wellness and health care services. We are looking for an experienced Director, Sales & Marketing for our campus.
The Director of Sales & Marketing serves as the primary high-level manager that oversees North Hill’s sales, advertising, marketing, and public relations programs.
The qualified individual will be responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of North Hill’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
He or she will manage and develop marketing programs and materials such as advertising, eventsupport and online promotions. The Director of Sales & Marketing will direct the efforts of the sales and marketing staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions in order to support North Hill infrastructure. The Director of Sales and Marketing will report directly to the CEO.
Shift – 40 Hours – Exempt
- Reviews, adapts, implements, manages, and coordinates marketing activities identified in approved Marketing Plan.
- Manages all aspects of the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Assesses and monitors the efficiency of programs and events; incorporating changes and improvements into future activities.
- Meets quarterly with the Trustee Marketing Committee to assess ongoing and proposed marketing agenda.
- Sets up and maintains files of interested applicants, potential candidates, wait list applications, and other pertinent documents.
- Responds to inquiries from families, lawyers, trust officers, financial advisors, accountants, and other applicant representatives. Maintains ongoing relationship with applicants and those accepted on waiting lists.
- Responds to inquiries on a timely basis. Furnishes promotional materials and other information as requested: follows-up as appropriate.
- Coordinates intake interviews with Medical Director, Executive Directors, and Social Workers. Participates in meetings as applicant liaison.
- Prepares and processes Residency Agreements and other documents related to apartment occupancy for review and approval by the Administration.
- Prepares and produces group mailings, individual correspondence and other communication materials as necessary to maintain relationships with potential and approved Residents.
- Assists in coordinating new Residents’ moves into North Hill and provides related supportbefore, during and after move-in.
- Prepares and presents periodic volume and activity reports.
- Communicates and promotes North Hill mission and philosophy throughout department; upholds demonstrates and maintains North Hill standards of quality in all departmental operations and activities; reinforces Mission Statement to staff through example and instruction.
- Ensures positive interdepartmental cooperation; coordinates effectively with other staff members, particularly in areas of overlapping responsibility.
- Establishes ties with community leaders and networks with local organizations.
- Oversees production and implementation of Advertising and promotional materials.
- Assumes administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for directing the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Represents North Hill at community events, dealing with outside agencies or assures that appropriate representation is present.
- Makes written and oral reports to the President/CEO concerning the operations of the community.
- Develops and implements standards, policies, practices and procedures of the community.
- Maintains a good public relations program to serve the best interests of the community.
- Acts as a liaison to Residents and families through participation in Committees and personal attention.
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as assigned by the President/CEO.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and
- negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working withshared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.