Director of Sales and Marketing
Director of Sales and Marketing – Flexible packaging
Products: Flexible Packaging
Location: Los Angeles
Pay: $90 – 160k
Summary: A local (LA) based manufacturing organization is searching for a Director of Sales and Marketing to oversee their sales activities within the flexible packaging arena. The ideal candidate will have high-level experience and success within the flexible packaging market, and will have experience identifying, targeting, executing, and managing long term relationships with customers. The ideal candidate will have experience with flexible packaging from the raw material to converting stage and will have worked heavily within one or more industries including food, lawn and garden, retail, or other relevant industries.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Director of Sales and Marketing
- Direct and manage all marketing and sales activities.
- Develops and drive sales forecasts, ensuring that the sales team accomplishes their objectives.
- Champion product development initiatives through identification of product opportunities and fostering the product through launch.
- Manage all advertising, promotional programs, and pricing strategies.
- Directs and trains the Sales Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, Product Manager and Quality Assurance team to ensure company revenue and profitability goals are met.
- Manage development of marketing media, trade show strategies, and product mix/portfolio.
- Reports directly to the VP / COO and is part of the Core Executive Leadership Team working closely with the Directors of Operations, Finance, and Human Resources to drive sustained profitable growth.
REQUIREMENTS for Director of Sales and Marketing
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Logistics, or similar.
- 3years of experience in the flexible packaging or converting industries.
- 10 years of SalesExperience
- 5years of Sales and Marketing management experience
- 3years of Executive level Sales and Marketing experience.
- 3years of marketingexperience to include development of print media, trade show participation, and othermarketing strategies.
- Strong Project Management, people development, and financial analysis skills.
- Strong persuasive abilities, excellent negotiation skills, excellent presentation skills, excellent personal sales ability.