Crescent Hotels and Resorts is now hiring for The Element Skysong. This Marriott-brand hotel at the center of the SkySong project in supporting the more than 50 businesses that are currently located on the South Scottsdale site. The hotel is planned for the southwestern corner of the SkySong complex, near Scottsdale Road and Enterprise Drive, with a projected opening of third quarter 2019.
As with everything at SkySong, a particular emphasis will be given to creating a healthy and sustainable environment. The hotel will have extensive green-building features, and guests will be able to enjoy an oversized gym on-site, rental bicycles and a natural saline swimming pool.
The Element brand is one of the higher-end labels that are a part of the Marriott Distinctive family of hotels, which offers 30 hotels brands across 6,000+ locations in more than 122 countries and territories. It is one of the most active brands in the Marriott family with more than 100 Element hotels worldwide.
The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
4. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
5. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
6. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
7. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
9. Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
10. Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned..