Director of Sales and Marketing
Less than 5 years experience • Leisure and Travel
The Director of Sales and Marketing will develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Manage day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate and train sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Work withother department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volume.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate withother hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Serves as manager on duty when assigned.
- This is the top sales and marketing job in a full or limited service hotel and may include meeting space and/or catering facilities. May manage professional level and administrative sales team members.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s degree/ higher educationqualification/ equivalent in marketing or related field, and two to four years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak local language. Otherlanguages preferred.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Industry: 1year
- Sales: 3years
- Marketing: 3years