SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Sales and Market Development will work in collaboration with operations team to develop a comprehensive growth plan, for each respective facility, and will sell to internal physicians and recruit new physicians in order to optimize the growth of each facility. This position will ensure 6-8 calls per day targeting new physicians, as well as, visiting with existing, credentialed physicians and their key office staff (schedulers) to drive incremental case volume. In addition, this position will be responsible for canvasing the designated market universe for each facility and capture all desirable physician targets and qualify for performing cases at their facilities.
This position will focus on the San Diego geography and the Director of Sales and Market Development should be within a reasonable commutable distance of the territory.
- Lead growth team meetings and ongoing strategic growth planning and execution
- Canvases physician universe, generates interested targets, qualifies and presents to facility leadership and physicians for recruitment
- Responsible for maximizing case volume from all credentialed physicians while establishing and maintaining long-term physician and office staff relationships
- Regularly visits physician offices to meet with physician and his/her staff in order to assess any needs that will result in increased case volume and communicates physician or office staff needs, as identified, to sales and operations leadership team to create positive impact
- Collaborate with others regarding opportunities to convince physicians to shift business from other facilities
- Lead and organize physician onboarding and credentialing process with facility teams
- Covers assigned number of facilities (1-5), depending on geography and number of partners or utilizing physicians per facility
- Help disseminate best sales and marketing practices across the region and SCA
- Have a minimum of 5 years of healthcare sales experience, with documented success in direct to physician sales
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree preferred but not required
- Valid and in good standing Driver's License required
- Reliable transportationrequired
- Communicate effectively, and with persuasion
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience working collaboratively with teams to drive progress, influence change and achieve results
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with ability to multi-task
- Solid computer skills, including email, Word and Excel
- Able to interpret and disseminate information, including key information about changes in the marketplace and physician partners
- Prior CRMexperiencepreferred