SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Sales and Market Development for the Greater Chicagoland Market will work in collaboration with the local operations team to develop a comprehensive growth plan, for and average of four to five facilities, and will sell to internal physicians and recruit new physicians in order to optimize the growth of each facility. This position target new physicians, as well as, visiting with existing, credentialed physicians and their key office staff (schedulers) to drive incremental case volume. In addition, this position will be responsible for canvasing the designated market universe for each facility and capture all desirable physician targets and qualify for performing cases at their facilities.
Director of Sales and Market Development should be within a reasonable commutable distance of the Chicagoland territory.
- Canvases physician universe, generates interested targets, qualifies and presents to facility leadership and physicians for recruitment
- Responsible for maximizing case volume from all credentialed physicians
- Regularly visits physician offices to meet with physician and his/her staff in order to assess any needs that will result in increased case volume
- Communicates physician or office staff needs, as identified, to sales and operations leadership team to create positive impact
- Understand, collaborate, and influence which cases can be moved to SCA facilities from hospital or competing ASC.
- Lead and organize physician onboarding and credentialing process with facility teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of market and demographics including current and compelling targets
- 3-5 years of healthcare sales experience, with documented success in direct to physician sales
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree preferred but not required
- Ability to travel within market and nationwide as needed for trainings, meetings, or companywide engagement
- Valid and in good standing driver's license
- Communicate effectively, and with persuasion.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience working collaboratively with teams to drive progress, influence change and achieve results
- Engage their role with high energy and self-motivation to own established goals and achieve results
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with ability to multi-task