The Director of Safety, Wellpath Consultant reports directly to the Hospital Administrator, Wellpath Consultant with company oversight provided by the Vice President of Security Operations. This position is responsible for the provision of an orderly, safe and secure environment for the staff; the patient population and the public. This position creates, implements and maintains comprehensive guidelines and protocols for the operation of the Safety Department. This position functions as a member of the senior management team interfacing with and providing support for the Medical and Clinical mission of the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the behavioral sciences, criminal justice or related field preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in healthcare or institutional security, at least three (3) years of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity (at a minimum).
- The Director of Safety, Wellpath Consultant plans, coordinates, and manages the safety staff to ensure a safe, secure and therapeutic facility.
- Creates, implements and monitors day-to-day Safety protocols, Policies & Procedures to ensure the smooth, effective and responsive operation of the Safety Department.
- Reviews Policies & Procedures on an annual basis to ensure their continued effectiveness and submits recommendations for modifications or new ones
- Ensures that corrective actions are taken on a timely basis regarding any safety discrepancies, malfunctions, safety hazards or security breaches discovered throughout the facility.
- Advises the Hospital Administrator, Wellpath Consultant on all aspects of the provision of the safety and security operations of the facility.