Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The Director of Rooms is responsible for the performance of the Rooms Division, including Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, and Guest Services. This is an executive level position reporting to the General Manager. The successful candidate demonstrates their ability to produce balanced financial, guest experience and associate satisfaction outcomes.
- Oversight of all front office operations including front desk, concierge, bell/door associates and valet parking operations (outsourced) along 4/5 star guidelines
- Insuring the quality and productivity of housekeeping/laundry (in-house) functions that guarantee the cleanliness of all guest areas, high levels of personal service delivered by housekeeping associates and a stable work force.
- Excellence in appearance of all areas throughout the hotel
- Producing constant improvement in guest experience satisfaction metrics
- Showing year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the division including maintaining low turnover and high promotion-from-within ratings
- Controlling payroll and direct expenses in line with the budget and varying levels of business using corporate-wide technology and other systems
- Participation in weekly forecasting and scheduling activities
- Providing assistance in developing the annual hotel budget
- Preparation of action plans as directed by management
- Daily reviews of operating outcomes (including corrective action if required)
- Maintaining high visibility with associates and guests
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalency required.
- Must have previous management experience in all aspects of the Rooms Division in a property of similar size and quality for a period of five or more years.
- Experience in forecasting & scheduling, daily reviews and analysis of operating results preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is necessary (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture managers-in-training.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate with all associates, departments, guests, and clients in a professional manner.
- Must be highly service-oriented.