The 444-room Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa is classic Rancho Mirage re-imagined for the 21st-century traveler. Our luxurious Palm Springs hotel rooms surround you in Spanish Colonial-inspired style and a soothing desert palette of beige, sand, and ivory. With plenty of space for your peace and your quiet, you’ll also open French doors to your very own private patio or balcony where the warm desert air and breathtaking views await.
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Rancho Las Palmas may be your perfect match.
The Director of Rooms is responsible for the performance of the Rooms Division, including Front Office, Housekeeping, Laundry, Guest Services and Loss Prevention. This is an executive level position reporting to the General Manager. The successful candidate demonstrates their ability to produce balanced financial, guest experience and associate satisfaction outcomes.
- Oversight of all front office operations including front desk, concierge, bell/door associates and valet parking operations (outsourced) along 4/5 star guidelines
- Insuring the quality and productivity of housekeeping/laundry (in-house) functions that guarantee the cleanliness of all guest areas, high levels of personal service delivered by housekeepingassociates and a stable work force.
- Excellence in appearance of all areas throughout the hotel
- Producing constant improvement in guest experience satisfaction metrics
- Showing year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the division including maintaining low turnover and high promotion-from-within ratings
- Controlling payroll and direct expenses in line with the budget and varying levels of business using corporate-wide technology and other systems
- Participation in weekly forecasting and scheduling activities
- Providing assistance in developing the annual hotel budget
- Preparation of action plans as directed by management
- Daily reviews of operating outcomes (including corrective action if required)
- Maintaining high visibility with associates and guests
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalency required.
- Must have previous experience in all aspects of the Rooms Division in a property of similar size and quality for a period of five or more years.
- Experience in forecasting & scheduling, daily reviews and analysis of operating results preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is necessary (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture managers-in-training.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate with all associates, departments, guests, and clients in a professional manner.
- Must be highly service-oriented.