As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will help shape the company risk strategy on the most effective approach to provide launch services, including human spaceflight, and engines to both commercial and government customers. You will set the policy in a variety of other areas, such as business continuity planning and implement business continuity management activities. As risk manager for a pioneer in providing launch services utilizing reusable space launch vehicles, you’ll specialize in developing policies for tracking, managing, and retiring risks across a variety of programs by identifying, measuring and mitigating risk in the organization (Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) scope), developing impactful strategies and implementing risk solutions to optimize business operations. In addition to interacting with brokers, Third Party Administrators (TPAs), insurance carriers and other vendors, you will also be a core part of the team that works with key suppliers, U.S. Government agencies and customers for human spaceflight, payload launch services, and engine sales.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for Blue Origin, including analysis of financial impacts. Develop, recommend and implement riskfinance strategy with an aim to reduce overall cost of risk and volatility. Interface with brokers and insurance underwriters to negotiate favorable insurance terms and secure the broadest coverage.
- Overseeing and managing the risk financing and risk transfer program for all lines of risk including but not limited to Aviation, Property & Casualty, Workers Compensation, Financial Lines, Environmental, Space Launch, Transit, Professional Liability and Cyber.
- Assessing the benefits of Insurance Captive and Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS).
- Coordinating and maintaining strong relationships with key external partners including insurance brokers, insurance carriers, TPAs, and other vendors. Set clear targets and objectives and establish service KPIs with all insurance partners.
- Designing, implementing and overseeing management of alternative insurance programs, including placement of surety bonds and OCIPs for construction projects.
- Developing the claims management strategy. Work with TPA to implement the strategy. Conduct periodic claims reviews, develop claim metrics, analyze large claims and settlement values, work closely with loss adjuster, insurers and legal team on claim strategy, and monitor all subrogation and recoveries.
- Partnering with the business and internal HS&E teams to implement a loss control program to mitigate losses.
- Developing the business continuity management framework for Blue Origin which will include emergency response, crisis management and business recovery plan. Facilitate table top exercises and update the plan annually.
- Performing a risk assessment mapping across the enterprise: analyzing current risks, identifying potential risks, and determining appropriate program and enterprise response to and management of identified risks.
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets.
- Deliver the strategy to mitigate risks associated with human spaceflight and non-human payloads.
- Handling Insurance policy renewal and insurance briefings with Brokers and Insurers.
- 10 years’ experience in an in-house, insurance, or consulting role focused on risk management
- Direct experience with Business Continuity processes and activities
- Experience with Insurance industry, claims management, workmen’s compensation, and construction activities
- Experience with second party and third party audits
- Experience with operational and financial business risk controls to identify, track, and mitigate risk within individual programs in a method so that the risks across the enterprise can be amalgamated
- Excellent analytical skills and English-language communication skills, both written and spoken
- IT skills
- Adapting well to change, ability to develop relationships and influence outcomes, have a strategic view
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Capable of explaining risk management processes and procedures to senior leadership
- 15+ years riskexperience, including the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with both traditional government contracts and non-traditional federal government agreements and with UCC and Incoterms
- Experience with implementing Business Continuity Activities, including running simulations and exercises
- Experience with owner-controlled insurance/captive insurance programs
- Experience/training in crises management
- Experience working closely with Legal, Finance, Ethics functions, Information Technology, Security and similar functions
- Conducted internal training exercises and informed and counseled senior leadership about enterprise risk management
- Experience with satellite payload contracting
- MBA or similar Masters or higher degree
- Academic degree and/or work experience in engineering, physics, or other ‘hard sciences’ technical field
- At least 5 years’ experience directly planning, developing, and managing a risk management budget
- Experience in identifying operational issues, recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems and provide stability
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed