Purpose of Job
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Director of Risk Compliance Management (ESG/CTO) will assist in the management of USAA's IT, Cyber and Data Security along with Technology Operations Compliance program to effectively oversee, supervise, monitor and enforce compliance risk related to technology development and execution. Daily interaction and consultation with all levels of Chief Information Security and Technology offices regarding compliance progress, project implementation, management issues and legal/regulatory risk mitigation strategies. This position will be responsible for leading teams that building out and maintain a robust compliance program to oversee the development and implementation of business and technology solutions to enable compliance with applicable laws and regulations across the Enterprise. This role, collaborates with functional leaders and key stakeholders to identify, assess, and mitigate all relevant Compliance risks for new and existing products, capabilities and processes related to technology. The Director of Risk Compliance Management position may have regular interactions with regulators from the OCC, FED, and individual states.
- Provides oversight and manages the changing regulatory environment.
- Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives.
- Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact on the company's business.
- Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory compliance impacts and recommended actions on CoSA initiatives.
- Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements.
- Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance issues.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self assessment programs and examinations.
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching, employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- 8 or more years of compliance management in technical fields to include information technology, cyber security, information security, technology operations and configuration management and/or other related fields
- Experience designing and implementing control frameworks; experience with external assurance assessments (PCAOB, SSAE SOC)
- Working knowledge of modern technologies and technical capabilities
- Strong leadership and experience in a matrix environment
- Experience in multiple areas supporting Compliance at a consumer-focused financial institution (i.e. Testing, Advisor, Regulatory Affairs)
- In addition to the requirements mentioned above, candidates are also evaluated against job related competencies that are aligned with performance expectations for this role
- These competencies are referred to as The USAA Standard and are contained in the attached addendum
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.