This position is based in our San Francisco Headquarters and reports directly to our Chief Accounting Officer. The Director of Revenue Accounting will develop a deep understanding of our revenue process and systems. This key leadership role will partner with the Sales, Sales Operations, and Revenue Operations teams to drive the revenue recognition process with an emphasis on closing revenue each month on a timely basis with a very high standard of accuracy. The candidate must work and communicate effectively in a team environment, interacting cross functionally with all levels in the company. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of revenue accounting for the company on a global basis.
About the Role
- Manage the implementation of ASC 606, including establishing the accounting policy, restating historical results, data conversion, establishment of internal controls and process.
- Manage the implementation of automation tools for revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Build and manage a team of revenue accounting professionals.
- Prepare, analyze and report on SSP fair value analyses.
- Analyze contracts and prepare fair value allocations on multiple element arrangements.
- Analyze contracts for non-standard terms and document contract reviews.
- Manage the revenue accounting close process, including all revenue journals and account reconciliations.
- Manage the professional services revenue accounting process to timely and accurately recognize professional services revenue. Work with the professional services operations team to drive efficiencies for PS time tracking, order management, billing and related operational practices.
- Responsible for assisting the FP&A team in the forecasting of quarterly revenue and backlog.
- Responsible for all aspects of reporting on actual revenue results including flash reports, internal and external revenue reporting, and financial tables and disclosure requirements for SEC filings.
- Owner of the Revenue Recognition business process for SOX compliance, including documentation of the process, identification of key controls, and responsible for maintaining compliance with the control environment.
- Maintain representation on the Deal Desk, and build an excellent relationship with Sales and Sales Operations to consult on pre-close deal flow.
- Represent the finance organization as the revenue accounting subject matter expert and provide cross functional training to Sales, Sales Operations, Legal and Finance Teams,
- Assist in the development and integration of the company's systems and processes, including integration from Salesforce to Netsuite.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
Qualifications and Experience
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- 10 + years of combined public accounting and industry experience, including managing the revenue accounting in a SaaS company.
- Publicly traded company experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Excellent understanding of ERP systems, revenue accounting systems, business processes, data workflows and root cause analysis.
- Managed a team of 5 or more professional staff.
- Highly analytical with excellent technical revenue accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the company.
- Advanced level experience with Salesforce, Netsuite and Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word).