NETGEAR is looking to hire a self-motivated professional to join & lead our Revenue team. A strong collaborative leader with an excellent understanding of ASC606, the individual will be responsible for determining the appropriate revenue recognition treatment with respect to the Company’s product offerings.
- Review revenue contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606; participate in draft contract reviews to identify potential revenue recognition issues.
- Research GAAP and SEC reporting requirements to provide technical accounting research for non-routine or complex revenue transactions.
- Be the go to resident Revenue expert, managing all aspects of Revenue accounting.
- Conduct regular training with product management, partner with various outside departmental groups (FP&A, Operations, Product Line Managers, Sales, etc.) to ensure potential revenue recognition issues are understood and communicated to the Revenue Group.
- Maintain accounting practices & memorandums in compliance with established GAAP accounting policies.
- Manage month end close activities including preparing/reviewing and reconciling various schedules and journal entries.
- Initiate, review, and implement process improvements to the revenue accounting process to increase operational efficiencies while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records.
- Prepare/review estimated selling price calculations with respect to arrangements with multiple performance obligations.
- Work closely with the IT development team to ensure proper and accurate revenue reports are available for all revenue lines.
- Participate in quarterly revenue forecast procedures taking ownership for deferred revenue and sales returns forecasts.
- Coordinate, consolidate, and analyze data for quarterly revenue countdown meetings.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively. Additionally, ensure maintenance of control documentation for revenue related processes, and key controls while ensuring compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- At least 10 years’ experience gained in a BIG 4 public accounting firm and/or Revenue Accounting function for a multi-national public or a large private company preferred.
- CPA or international equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative management style.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase/Smartview, is a plus.