The Director of Revenue Management provides leadership and management in developing and executing revenue strategies for HealthPoint. This role will lead efforts in developing and managing insurance and value based contracts in alignment with quality goals and population health strategies. A focus on developing, implementing and maintaining information and reporting systems needed to optimize performance in the revenue cycle is a key area of responsibility.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Collaborate with leadership in Clinical Care, Population Health, Pharmacy, Development, and Patient Experience to identify, prioritize, and implement changes and investments designed to improve Health Point's revenue profile.
- Lead Revenue Cycle department, including accounts receivable management, coding, and credentialing. Guide department workflows and ensure adherence to benchmarks and performance standards.
- Negotiate payer contracts in collaboration with Population Health and VP Finance. Manage all payer source contracts, including initial discovery, analysis, and ongoing management to insure HealthPoint earns and collects all revenue to which it is entitled.
- Collaborate with IS leadership and analytics staff to identify and improve data systems and reporting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in revenue development activities for existing and future revenue opportunities.
- Lead teams to improve and transform processes and system in alignment with Future State vision for HealthPoint and maximize value-based performance. In alignment with HealthPoint's Management System, serve as a mentor and coach for team members to drive continuous improvement.
- Partner with delivery system leaders to evaluate key components of operating programs to improve revenue performance. Establish framework to identify data requirements, define, and implement meaningful reporting and analysis processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third party payers.
Must have's you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field.
- Five to seven years of management experience with similar responsibilities in healthcare organization with similar level of complexity.
- Knowledge of and expertise in revenue cycle activities as well as general knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; strong business and analytical skills specific to a healthcare environment.
- Proof of immunity to varicella, measles, mumps and rubella is a condition of employment. Prospective employees must provide proof at time of offer.
The Rich Benefits and Perks:
- Medical Health Insurance and Wellness Program
- Vision & dental plan
- Flexible Spending Account – both daycare and healthcare
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC supplementary insurance
- Retirement plans with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
- Recognition Program
- And much more!