Summary Role Description
The Director of Revenue Growth will lead Square 2’s new-client acquisition efforts by providing prospects with a remarkable experience as they engage with us to create a more sustainable revenue generation machine for their companies. Specifically this means helping Square 2 Marketing bring on between six and eight new clients each month.
The Director of Revenue Growth will fully execute our sales process from initial qualification to close. They will work closely with internal resources to scope engagements and consistently deliver a remarkable and effective prospect experience.
This person takes prescreened prospects and guides them through our consultative sales process, which involves analysis, diagnostics, recommendations (including co-creation of those recommendations) and answering questions. The right candidate has a high sales IQ and a desire to work collaboratively in an iterative process to drive above average results.
- Responsibility for all aspects of our sales process.
- Ability to guide prospective clients through the complex and confusing challenges they’re experiencing as they attempt to improve marketing and sales at their organizations.
- Excellent storytelling, with the ability to identify the key pains the prospect is dealing with and tell the story that clearly identifies us as the best option to help them with that pain.
- Excellent listening skills, with the ability to clearly understand what prospects want to buy, what they need and what their priorities are; to clarify any points of uncertainty or ambiguity with the prospect; and to help our team create the perfect set of recommendations.
- Ability to take complex concepts and communicate them easily to prospects so they understand and can relate to the answers.
- Management of all opportunities within our CRM, including updating deals, projecting revenue and close dates, using the CRM to keep active notes, sharing notes with colleagues and providing suggestions on how to optimize our CRM usage over time.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the KPIs associated with the sales process, including tracking and understanding the current length of the sales process, the close rates at each stage of the sales process, pipeline velocity and revenue projections.
- This individual is the point of contact for all prospects currently engaged in conversations with our company around how we might be able to help them improve sales and marketing and drive revenue growth.
- They will coordinate the efforts of the Client Services and Delivery teams for co-creation of recommendations and pricing for prospective clients.
- They will work closely with the Director of Marketing to ensure all content, presentations and stories are aligned with the company’s go-to-market messaging and positioning.
- They will report to and work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer to drive Square 2 Marketing’s top-line revenue growth.
- They will close six to eight new clients on monthly.
Underpinnings of Success
- Minimum of five years experience leading and/or facilitating sales for digital marketing agencies, sales consulting firms or sales/marketing technology companies
- Expertise in sales methodology and execution
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine fit and our ability to show value
- Excellent understanding of best practices across sales and marketing
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork and listening skills
- Positive, proactive, go-getter personality who's willing to both lead the team and roll up their sleeves to pitch in
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills