Director of Revenue Cycle Operations
8 - 10 years experience • Health & Fitness
The Director of Revenue Cycle Operations (DRCO) is responsible for overseeing theaccounts receivable and revenue cycle operations at one of the hospitals within theWellStar Health System. The DRCO has 7 main responsibilities: team leadership, revenue cycle operation duties as assigned, financial, reimbursement, denials & adjustments, resource for hospital leadership where necessary and operational and reportingresponsibilities when assigned.
The DRCO may perform complex data analysis and make independent decisions within thescope of responsibility through a shared vision driven by the Vice President of Revenue Cycle and other senior leadership. The DRCO interacts with executives, other directors, and all members of the Revenue Cycle within WellStar Health System, including leaders ofhealth information management, corporate compliance, accounting and medical group revenue cycle. External contacts may consist of patients and their families, insurance companies, state and federal agencies, auditors, and vendors. This position reports to theVice President of the Revenue Cycle.
Required Minimum Education:- Bachelors degree required.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years hospital accounts receivables experience is required.
- Three (3) years of progressive leadership experience (at a supervisor level and above) in a complex healthcare organization is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for written, verbal, presentation, and computer communication required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they pertain to billing processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance claim processing and third party reimbursement.
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of all negotiated agreements.
- Knowledge of the principles of Information Systems in order to effectively analyze and make decisions.
- Skill in good oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Skill in problem solving in a variety of settings.
- Skill in technical or professional accounting.
- Skill in time management and project management.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to operate a computer and related applications. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to apply appropriate supervisory, management and leadership techniques in an operational setting.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and to operationalize that learning.
- Ability to deal effectively with constant changes and be a change agent.Ability to deal effectively with difficult people and/or difficult situations.
- Ability to willingly accept responsibility and/or delegate responsibility.
- Ability to set priorities and use good judgment for self and staff.