Director of Revenue Cycle Rose Medical Center We are seeking a Director of Revenue Cycle for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. An acute care hospital with 422 licensed beds, Rose Medical Center has been a proud member of the community since 1945. Each year Rose cares for more than 160,000 patients annually with a team of 1,300 dedicated employees, 100 volunteers and more than 1,200 physicians. Awards & Honors Rose Medical Center, a HealthONE hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Rose also received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017 in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes, as well as being recognized for the tenth time as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. Rose has earned Straight As from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has been named a "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures" by The Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, pneumonia and surgery. Rose has also been named as the "Top Baby Hospital in Denver" by 5280 Magazine, "Best Birthing Center" by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the "Top 8 Places To Give Birth in the Nation" by Fit Pregnancy magazine, and Rose has more "Top Doctors" as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area.
The Director of Revenue Cycle leads multi-faceted revenue cycle initiatives for Rose Medical Center and Sky Ridge Medical Center. The Director of Revenue Cycle will be responsible for defining patient access strategies, proactively driving revenue-related transformation goals and ensuring complete implementation of revenue cycle strategies. The Director of Revenue Cycle is instrumental in defining and implementing the business plan and goals to support the overall strategy and goals of the organization. The Director of Revenue Cycle is responsible for optimizing business performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes and information technology, building and sustaining a process-managed organization. S(he) leads the design of the enterprise's overall revenue process structure, including creating a process hierarchy that streamlines workflow and eliminates redundancy.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!Qualifications: Qualifications
- Chargemaster functions:
- Ensures chargemaster compliance and optimization for all hospital departments
- Provides education and support to departments
- Ensures annual updates are implemented in a timely manner with consideration to revenue and statistic neutrality
- Coordinate with ED billers and Nursing Units for issues on Emergency Department and Observation accounts
- Participate in the review of LCD/NCDs
- Monitoring RAC results for potential trends
- Review RSSC Audits with department managers/directors and provide education/training as applicable
- Reviews denial trends and works with service lines owners to improve documentation, compliance or awareness of denial sources
- Evaluates reimbursement for service lines to ensure amounts received are consistent with amounts expected
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to all aspects of the revenue cycle process.
- Monitor and research regulatory changes and propose actions to respond to changing legislation/regulations.
- Perform operational reviews of revenue cycle processes and publish recommendations.
- Participate in continual education programs and activities that pertain to healthcare management, as well as specific functional areas.
- All other revenue-related duties as assigned
- Current or previous Certified Public Accountant certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- 5 years hospital/healthcare accounting experience; 2 years supervisory experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner with staff, department directors and managers, public, and administration.
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer systems and spreadsheets.
- Must possess strong supervisory and coordination/organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and a strong technical resource.
- Must have strong analytical skills to interpret and analyze a wide range of data.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to manage all aspects of the department's and hospitals finances under his/her auspices to include, but not limited to, budget preparation, productivity reporting, CDM maintenance, decision support maintenance, and employee supervision.
- Must possess knowledge about managed care and other third party contractual arrangements and the ability to analyze such arrangements, including reimbursement and revenue enhancement